Last Saturday 18th May Directors of Whites Estate Agents Marcus and Jo Shepherd enjoyed a charity dinner in Guild Hall supporting South Wilts Mencap. Whites currently support them with free tenant finding on two flats above their Mencap shop in Catherine St.
The charity is also supported by new Salisbury Mayor and Mayoress. The event marked the first event attended by the new Mayor, Councillor Mr John Walsh who has become 759th Right Worshipful Mayor of the City of Salisbury.
The Mayor is quoted on Spire FM Saying:
"I have been associated with this marvelous local charity, which was founded by local parents 60 years ago, for more than 20 years and have been involved in several ways over that time. It gives me great pleasure to support them in their 60th Anniversary Year."
South Wilts Mencap supports people with learning disabilities; inspiring them to achieve their full potential and enabling them and their families to lead fuller lives. Although they are an independent local charity supporting people in Salisbury and South Wiltshire they are affiliated to the national Mencap charity. The following shows the type of services they offer:
• They run clubs and events for a range of age groups
• They offer signposting through their Monday Bulletin
• Provide grants for people with learning disabilities
• They run their our own holiday company, Breakaway
• They work with local organisations and Councils to help make people’s lives better
• They have a charity shop in Salisbury run solely by volunteers.
Alternatively please contact us on 01722 336 422 to find out more about Award Winning Estate Agent Whites our property services and houses we have available to rent or sell. Or why not talk to our sales team to arrange a FREE valuation.